Giller Prize shortlist 2017 announced
In Canada, the shortlist for the C$100,000 ($102,200) Scotiabank Giller Prize 2017 for the best Canadian novel or short-story collection published in English has been announced.
The shortlisted works are:
- Transit (Rachel Cusk, Jonathan Cape)
- Minds of Winter (Ed O’Loughlin, Quercus)
- Bellevue Square (Michael Redhill, Doubleday)
- Son of a Trickster (Eden Robinson, Knopf)
- I Am a Truck (Michelle Winters, Invisible Publishing)
Each finalist receives C$10,000 (A$10,200), and the winner also receives a two-week residency at the Leighton Artists’ colony in Banff National Park. The winner will be announced on 20 November at a Toronto ceremony broadcast in Canada on CBC.