Environment Award for Children’s Literature 2020 shortlist announced
The Wilderness Society has announced the shortlist for the 2020 Environment Award for Children’s Literature.
The shortlisted books in each category are:
- One Tree (Christopher Cheng, illus by Bruce Whatley, Puffin)
- Wilam (Andrew Kelly & Aunty Joy Murphy, illus by Lisa Kennedy, Walker Books)
- One Careless Night (Christina Booth, Walker Books)
- The Fate of Fausto (Oliver Jeffers, HarperCollins)
- You Can Change the World (Lucy Bell, Pantera Press)
- Fauna: Australia’s Most Curious Creatures (Tania McCartney, NewSouth)
- A Hollow is a Home (Abbie Mitchell, illus by Astred Hicks, CSIRO Publishing)
- Explore Your World: Weird, Wild, Amazing! (Tim Flannery, illus by Sam Caldwell, Hardie Grant Egmont)
- Eco Rangers: Microbat Mayhem (Candice Lemon-Scott, illus by Aśka, New Frontier)
- Super Sidekicks 2: Ocean’s Revenge (Gavin Aung Than, Puffin).
Now in its 26th year, the Environment Award for Children’s Literature is presented annually to fiction and nonfiction books that ‘foster a love of wild places and wildlife in young Australians’ and ‘encourage a sense of responsibility for our natural world’. The winners of this year’s award will be announced in September. For more information, visit the website.