Peter Carey Short Story Award 2020 shortlist announced
The shortlist for the 2020 Peter Carey Short Story Award has been announced.
Chosen from a longlist of 18 by judge Elizabeth Tan, the shortlisted stories are:
- ‘Tight Lines’ (Allee Richards)
- ‘Bock Bock’ (Andrew Roff)
- ‘Flight Mode’ (Charlotte Guest)
- ‘Company’ (George McElroy)
- ‘Caravan’ (Jenni Mazaraki)
- ‘The Cockatoo’ (Joseph Earp)
- ‘What Would Kim Do’ (Mirandi Riwoe)
- ‘Prawn Fishing with Medusa’ (Rebecca Slater).
Organised by the Moorabool Shire Council, the award is for stories of 2000–3000 words, and is open to all Australian residents. The winner receives $1000 and the runner-up receives $500, with both stories to be published in the Spring 2020 edition of Meanjin.
This year’s winner and runner-up will be announced on Saturday, 13 June.