Bublitz shortlisted for Gold Dagger
Australia-based author Jacqueline Bublitz has been shortlisted for the Gold Dagger, awarded to the best crime novel originally written in English by an author of any nationality, in the UK Crime Writers’ Association’s (CWA) 2022 Dagger Awards.
Bublitz, from Aotearoa New Zealand, has been shortlisted for her debut Before You Knew My Name (A&U), published by Little, Brown in the UK. The novel follows Ruby, who discovers the body of Alice in New York City’s Riverside Park. Unbeknownst to Ruby, Alice is watching on as she embarks on a journey to unravel the mystery of her death.
The full shortlist for the Gold Dagger is:
- Before You Knew My Name (Jacqueline Bublitz, A&U)
- Sunset Swing (Ray Celestin, Mantle)
- Razorblade Tears (S A Cosby, Headline)
- The Unwilling (John Hart, Zaffre)
- The Shadows of Men (Abir Mukherjee, Harvill Secker)
- The Trawlerman (William Shaw, riverrun).
The winners will be announced in London on 29 June.