2012 PM’s Literary Awards winners announced
The winners of this year’s Prime Minister’s Literary Awards were announced at a ceremony in Canberra this morning.
The winning titles are:
- Foal’s Bread (Gillian Mears, A&U)
- Interferon Psalms (Luke Davies, A&U)
- An Eye for Eternity: The Life of Manning Clark (Mark McKenna, MUP)
Prize for Australian History
- The Biggest Estate on Earth: How Aborigines Made Australia (Bill Gammage, A&U)
Young adult fiction
- When We Were Two (Robert Newton, Penguin)
- Goodnight, Mice! (Frances Watts, illus by Judy Watson, ABC Books).
The winners of each of the categories will receive a tax-free cash prize $80,000, with each shortlistee receiving $5000 tax-free.
As previously reported by Bookseller+Publisher, this is the first year that a poetry award has been offered as part of the Prime Minister’s Literary Awards. The Prime Minister’s Prize for Australian History has also been incorporated into the awards this year.
Category: Local news