Indigenous Literacy Foundation (ILF) Book Supply packs 2023
The Indigenous Literacy Foundation (ILF) will soon be asking publishers to submit titles to be considered for their 2023 Book Supply packs. ILF’s Book Supply program provides new, culturally relevant titles to remote Communities where access to books is scarce
Book Supply packs are carefully selected for different age groups:
- Toddlers (0–3 yrs)
- Kids (4–7 yrs)
- Big Kids (8–12 yrs)
- Community (13+)
In 2022, over 50% of books in the Book Supply packs feature a diversity of Indigenous authors and illustrators, providing vital representation and recognition for First Nations readers.
What types of books are we looking for?
- Culturally appropriate books (specifically non-religious, and representative of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, cultures, and histories)
- Books created by Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander authors and illustrators
- Board, cloth, touch and feel books
- Picture books (mainly featuring animals or diversity in characters, settings, and illustrations)
- Junior Fiction/YA (suitable for stage two and stage three readers)
- Sporting themed books (mostly Aussie rules, rugby league and basketball)
- Nonfiction books (such as animals, sciences, space, interesting facts, craft and cookbooks)
The ILF Book Supply review committee considers all books submitted against specific criteria co-developed by Communities and the ILF team, and those included in the packs are the ones that best fulfil these requirements.
To ensure you receive your email invitation with all the information you need on submitting titles, please contact email@example.com or call ILF on 02 9280 0644 and ask for Brad.